For seniors who maintain a certain level of independence, simple monitoring and installations around the home may be all that is necessary to promote a safe, independent lifestyle.
- Personal Emergency Response System (PERS)
- The most simple, easy to use monitoring system on the market.
- Sold by most home care companies, including Live Free Home Health Care
- Installs easily.
- Comes with a pendant or bracelet activated when pushed or when someone falls.
When shopping for a PERS, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) encourages the shopper to:
- Check out several systems before making a decision.
- Find out if the system can be used with other response centers. For example, can the same system be used if moving to another residence?
- Ask about the pricing, features, and servicing of each system and compare costs.
- Make sure the system is easy to use.
- Test the system to make sure it works from every point in and around the home. Make sure nothing interferes with transmissions.
- Read the purchase, rental, or lease agreement carefully before signing.
Live Free Home Health Care of Concord, New Hampshire is here to offer further guidance and options that can give you the option to age in place. If you’re looking for a partner in home care in Concord, the Lakes Region or Central New Hampshire, contact Live Free Home Health Care today at 603-217-0149, and let us help make providing quality care a little easier.