At Live Free Home Health Care, we understand that each individual is different and so is his or her plan of care. Since no two patients are alike, we offer a complimentary in-home assessment and the following guidelines that anyone can use to understand care needs.
Minimal Care at Home:
- Emergency Responsiveness: The senior is able to negotiate stairs, call for assistance or respond appropriately to someone helping him or her during an emergency.
- Mobility: The senior is able to walk and transfer himself or herself from a bed or chair independently with infrequent falling.
- Activities of Daily Living (bathing, dressing, feeding, etc.): The senior is able to accomplish most activities with little help; perhaps needs assistance with meals or housekeeping, or reminders about medications, assistance grooming, etc.
- Mental Status: The senior has little to no mental impairment.
More to Full-time Care at Home:
- Emergency Responsiveness: The senior needs definite or major assistance in the event of an emergency.
- Mobility: The senior is prone to falls and needs either stand-by or full assistance walking or transferring.
- Activities of Daily Living: The senior needs reminders and/or full assistance with many or all activities of daily living.
- Mental Status: The senior has mild to moderate memory impairment, becomes disoriented often, and/or exhibits mild confusion.
If a senior is in need of full, around-the-clock assistance, family members may want to consider an assisted living facility, although home care may still be a viable option. If you’re looking for a partner in home care in Concord, the Lakes Region or Central New Hampshire, contact Live Free Home Health Care‘s experts in Concord home care today at 603-217-0149, and let us help make providing quality care a little easier.