Earlier this month we offered our Live Free Home Health Care tips for patients preparing for their return home. If day-to-day treatment or other monitoring care is needed, in-home caregivers may be able to provide help to prevent a hospital readmission—and keep loved ones independent for as long as possible.
Please consider the following situations where home care services may be appropriate:
Return Home From the Hospital, Nursing or Rehab Facility
- A person is being discharged from the hospital or a skilled nursing or rehabilitation facility and requires transportation home and assistance with picking up medications, grocery shopping, making meals and tidying up
- Care is needed in the 72-hour period between hospital discharge and when a home health nurse is scheduled to start services and provide some assistance
Recovering From Illness, Cancer or Surgery
- A person is recovering from an acute illness and requires extra care during recovery
- A person needs some extra help at home to assist while recuperating from chemotherapy treatments
- A person is homebound after elective surgery
- A person is recovering after a stroke
- A person is recovering after a heart attack or heart surgery
- A person is returning home after an injury or an illness
Education and Help Managing Chronic Disease Symptoms
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s as well as many other chronic, debilitating conditions
Live Free Home Health Care of New Hampshire is here to offer further guidance and options for home assistance. If you’re looking for a partner in home care in the Lakes Region or Central New Hampshire, contact Live Free Home Health Care today at 603-217-0149, and let us help make your life a little easier.