Diabetics understand that good diabetes care requires constant and consistent management. But this non-stop watch often leads to care fatigue, which is then compensated for by overlooking certain care needs.
Ignoring diabetes care can lead to serious complications such as heart disease, high blood pressure and even diabetic coma. However, there are ways to alleviate the stress of care and still remain hopeful and healthy:
- Allow imperfection: Recognize that some days you’ll do better than others, and that’s ok.
- Identify care barriers: And then get what you need to overcome those barriers.
- Reframe care into easily recognizable benefits: Figure out the health benefit that is going to motivate you to do better.
- Stick to a care plan: Setting a regular routine always helps.
- Accept assistance: Don’t be afraid to ask for help to stay on track or stay motivated. Family, friends and an in-home caregiver are all great resources for assistance.
Contact Live Free Home Health Care in the Concord area for more information on how we can provide careful and consistent in-home diabetic care management and customized options for varying home care needs.
Besides Concord, New Hampshire, we also service the rest of the Lakes region including Laconia, Meredith, Gilford and central New Hampshire. Call us today at 603-217-0149.