Chronic illnesses, like kidney disease, can make remaining independent at home a challenge. However, in-home care professionals, like those at Live Free Home Health Care, can help. The professional staff at Live Free can develop unique in-home care plans that not only keep clients healthy and independent, but also help empower clients to enhance their kidney health and ensure a higher quality of life at home.
In-home caregivers can assist those at risk or diagnosed with kidney disease by:
- Providing education on kidney disease management. Caregivers work closely with the client’s doctor to ensure the client is well-versed on his or her condition and how to manage it.
- Assisting with medication reminders. Adhering to a medication plan is vital for optimal health. In-home caregivers can provide reminders so that each medication is taken in the right amount at the right time.
- Providing reminders and an escort for doctors’ appointments.
- Helping clients avoid hospital readmissions by recognizing and reporting the first signs of complications, and helping the clients seek immediate treatment.
- Preparing healthy, nutritious and diet-specific meals. Caregivers work with physicians and nutritionists to ensure meals meet the specific requirements for each client’s condition.
If your loved one has chronic kidney disease, consider how in-home care can increase independence and help him or her live a happier, healthier life at home. Contact Live Free Home Health Care for more information on how our caregivers can care for chronic disease patients and keep them motivated throughout their treatments.