Sixty-five is often considered a major turning point in ones life. It is also a time when Alzheimer’s becomes a concern. The number of people diagnosed with the brain disorder doubles every 5 years after the age of 65. But it is never too late to focus on aging successfully. Anyone can protect their bodies by integrating these 13 steps into their daily life.
1. Learn New Things-mental challenges keep the mind sharp.
2. Keep Social Contacts-friends stimulate not only the mind but also the soul.
3. Exercise Regularly- 30 minutes a day of walking is very beneficial.
4. Quit Smoking-it really is never too late.
5. Maintain a Healthy Weight-obesity may increase the risk of dementia.
6. Limit Alcohol Intake-drinking can cause falls or other injuries.
7. Eat a Balanced Diet-and take a multi-vitamin.
8. Watch Psychological Health-depression is a common but not normal part of aging.
9. If you feel depressed talk to your Doctor.
Trust Your Doctor-or find one you can trust.
10. Take Your Doctors Advice-you trust them for a reason.
11. Use 1 Pharmacy-doctors may not communicate with each other.
Pharmacists can help you understand medication interactions.
12. Plan for the Future-make your wishes known to your family.
13. And Above all Else-Enjoy your life!