It’s not easy to admit you need help, and when it comes to personal care needs, it can seem downright embarrassing. Couple this with a fear of losing your independence and it isn’t hard to imagine why many seniors keep their needs to themselves. This is why watching for signs that could indicate extra assistance is needed oftentimes falls on family, friends, or advisors. If there is a frail senior in your life that you suspect may be hiding a home care need, take note of the following warning signs from our experts in home care in Gilford and surrounding areas:
1. Has there been a noticeable weight loss?
2. Has personal hygiene and general appearance been deteriorating?
3. Is the home no longer being neatly maintained?
4. Does the senior seem safe in the home and in good spirits?
5. Is the senior having increased difficulty getting around?
6. Has the senior been exhibiting forgetfulness or inappropriate behavior?
Chances are, a senior loved one won’t come to you to confess they need care at home, so it is important to be vigilant when you visit and watch for signs that help is needed. At Live Free Home Health Care, a trusted provider of home care in Gilford and surrounding communities, our caregivers are always there to help, whatever the need. To learn more about how to recognize a need for home care assistance, click here, or for a free in-home care needs/safety assessment, call us today at (603) 217-0149.