It wasn’t long ago when there was a general assumption that when we grow older, we will naturally need to move into a nursing home or assisted living facility. There’s now an increased awareness that living at home throughout aging with in-home assistance is actually a viable option. There’s also additional widespread information since the pandemic began that aging at home is the desired and safest choice.
So, how might you determine the advantages of home health care services for someone you love? To begin with, you will need to consider his or her level of functionality within these two areas:
- Activities of Daily Living: These include daily tasks like showering/bathing, getting dressed, getting out of and into a chair or bed, using the bathroom, eating and walking.
- Instrumental Activities of Daily Living: These tasks include cooking, money management, housekeeping, shopping, taking medications properly, using the phone, and transportation.
If a senior loved one is challenged by some of these types of activities, home care can be extremely useful in boosting both independence and safety. Not only that, but in-home care from an award-winning agency, like Live Free Home Health Care, offers countless other benefits, such as:
- An increased level of overall wellbeing comes from remaining within the older adult’s environment of choice, where he or she is most familiar.
- An in-home caregiver supplies the socialization which is so essential for emotional and physical health. Throughout the isolating months of the pandemic, the need for regular social contact became glaringly apparent.
- Home care services promote healing after a medical procedure or hospital stay, and minimize the possibility for re-hospitalizations.
- Home care allows older adults and their loved ones to savor more quality time together. A caregiver who helps with errands and daily chores frees up family members from these tasks. And quite often, seniors feel more comfortable having personal care needs tended to by a care professional as opposed to a member of the family.
- Home care services are highly personalized, according to each individual’s unique needs, schedule, routines, and requests.
- With the one-on-one care provided by an in-home caregiver, care is not shared with other residents as in a facility setting – meaning needs can be met instantly without waiting for a senior’s turn.
- A healthier lifestyle is attainable for seniors receiving home care. Caregivers can prepare nutritious meals that are appealing, provide medication reminders, offer encouragement and motivation to stay physically active, and so much more.
- With transportation and accompaniment provided by the caregiver, a loved one can remain engaged in the community through outings to fun destinations, visits with friends, lunch dates, religious services and so much more.
At Live Free Home Health Care, we’re honored to serve seniors in Laconia, New Hampshire and the surrounding areas with the in-home care services that help make life the very best it can be throughout aging. Our caregivers are background checked, fully trained, and experienced in a variety of older adult care needs in the home. Reach out to us any time at 603-217-0149 for a no-cost in-home consultation to determine if our home care in Laconia, New Hampshire and the surrounding areas is right for a senior you love.