Sunrises. Flowers in bloom. Joyful smiles on children’s faces. Picture the many incredible sights we’d miss out on if we were to suddenly find ourselves without clear vision. Since January is National Glaucoma Awareness Month, Live Free Home Health Care offers the following information to help enhance senior vision and ensure that your senior loved ones’ eyes remain at their healthiest.
- Reduce fall risks. Eye injuries are a common occurrence for older adults who’ve had a fall, and because as many as half of all falls occur in the home, it’s crucial to take steps to make sure the home environment is as free as possible from fall hazards, like loose rugs, cluttered walking paths, icy sidewalks, slippery bathroom floors and tubs, and more. Live Free Home Health Care is on hand to provide in-home fall risk assessments for seniors. Just give us a call to learn more.
- Get more exercise. Exercise improves blood circulation and increases oxygen intake – both of which are necessary for optimizing senior vision health. It also keeps weight in a healthy range, lowering the risk of developing diabetic retinopathy.
- Sleep well. Our eyes are bathed in lubrication during sleep, which helps to clear away any irritants or allergens we may have been exposed to during the day. Sleep also provides the healing and restorative benefits needed by our entire bodies – including our eyes.
- Take care of chronic health issues. Chronic conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure and more can have negative effects on seniors’ eyes. Following recommended treatment plans for conditions such as these is imperative to helping take care of senior vision.
It’s also worth noting that older women are more likely to develop certain eye diseases than men – such as cataracts, glaucoma, and low vision.
Live Free Home Health Care’s in-home senior care services include a wide range of personalized assistance for those with senior vision concerns, or any other conditions of aging that make living at home a safer option when home care help is provided, such as:
- Safe, reliable transportation to appointments, medical procedures, or any other activities and events
- Running errands such as picking up groceries and prescriptions
- Helping with keeping the house clean and organized
- Providing friendly companionship to improve socialization
- A full range of skilled nursing care
- And much more
Contact us any time at 603-217-0149 to learn more about any of these or other professional New Hampshire home care services to help enhance quality of life and safety for your senior loved ones.Kindly go to setting page and check the option "Place them manually"