Live Free Home Health Care, LLC. - Bristol, New Hampshire
Useful Guides & Resources
Stress-Free Holidays: Caring for the Caregiver
Downloadable Tools and Tips:
Click the links to view or right click to print or save to your computer.
- Helping Seniors Beat the Holiday Blues
- Holiday Activities that Cross the Generations
- Stress Free Holiday Tips for Caregivers
Click the links below to access resource Web sites to find out more about Stress-Free Holidays.
StrengthforCaring.com article offers five applicable tips for helping caregivers cope with holiday stress.
Stress and depression can ruin your holidays and hurt your health. Being realistic, planning ahead and seeking support can help ward off stress and depression.
Take this simple stress assessment test to help you de-stress in the holidays.
The Family Caregiver Alliance provides some handy advice for helping caregivers manage holiday stress.
Downloadable article by geriatric health writer Eileen Beal details successful strategies that caregivers can implement to manage holiday stress. Note that this is a PDF file and you will get a security warning.
Article on About.com offers advice and information to help Alzheimer's caregivers deal with holiday stress.
Healthcentral.com provides tips from an expert caregiver on how to enjoy a stress-free holiday season while caring for someone suffering from dementia.
Nine simple steps to help you relax and enjoy the holidays stress-free.
Stress occurs when we work too much, sleep too little, try to cope with difficult or troubling situations, and when we neglect to take good care of ourselves.
Share This Page
Find this information useful? Share it with others.
Resources by Category
Caregiver Support & Tips
- The Hidden Patient: The Alzheimer’s Caregiver
- Medication Management: Home Care’s Assistance Reduces Hospital Readmissions
- COPD: Managing Care at Home
- Engaging Seniors Through Enriching Activities
- Supporting the Family Caregiver with Respite Care
- Care Coordination
- Maximizing Time with Doctors
- Home Care Solutions for Family Caregivers
- Including Seniors in Holiday Activities
- Caring for Parents While Caring for Children
- Stress-Free Holidays: Caring for the Caregiver
Choices & Decisions
- How to Stay Engaged and Active When Frailty Necessitates Home Care
- Options to Age at Home
- Recognizing Warning Signs over the Holidays that Care is Needed
- Warning Signs That Care at Home May Be Needed
- Benefits of Home Care
- Quality In-Home Care
- Long-term Care Planning: When is Home Care the Appropriate Choice?
Finding Answers in Home Care
- Improve Chronic Kidney Disease Management with In-Home Care
- Helping Persons with ALS Live a Full Life in the Comfort of Home
- Hearing Issues and Solutions for Seniors
- Care for the Heart
- Diabetes and Home Care: A Good Fit for the Diabetic
- A Primer on Home Care
- Nutrition for Seniors
- Making the Home Safer for Aging in Place
- Osteoarthritis Care
- Exercise for Seniors
Information - Inside & Out
- Helping Seniors Thrive
- Urgency for Action: Incontinence/Urinary Tract Infections
- Alzheimer’s Education as a Treatment Modality
- Understanding and Caring for Multiple Sclerosis
- Assisting the Sight Impaired
- Age Related Sleep Disorders
- Alzheimer’s Awareness
Latest Updates from Our Blog
Many people are picky eaters. As we age, our appetites can change, and age-related issues may make eating properly… read more
Thank you for your caring, compassionate, and professional care. Jennifer and Jen A. were lovely to work with and caring and capable. Thank you! If my mom is well enough to be up in the spring we will… read more