Live Free Home Health Care, LLC. - Bristol, New Hampshire
Useful Guides & Resources
Stress-Free Holidays: Caring for the Caregiver
Downloadable Tools and Tips:
Click the links to view or right click to print or save to your computer.
- Helping Seniors Beat the Holiday Blues
- Holiday Activities that Cross the Generations
- Stress Free Holiday Tips for Caregivers
Click the links below to access resource Web sites to find out more about Stress-Free Holidays.
StrengthforCaring.com article offers five applicable tips for helping caregivers cope with holiday stress.
Stress and depression can ruin your holidays and hurt your health. Being realistic, planning ahead and seeking support can help ward off stress and depression.
Take this simple stress assessment test to help you de-stress in the holidays.
The Family Caregiver Alliance provides some handy advice for helping caregivers manage holiday stress.
Downloadable article by geriatric health writer Eileen Beal details successful strategies that caregivers can implement to manage holiday stress. Note that this is a PDF file and you will get a security warning.
Article on About.com offers advice and information to help Alzheimer's caregivers deal with holiday stress.
Healthcentral.com provides tips from an expert caregiver on how to enjoy a stress-free holiday season while caring for someone suffering from dementia.
Nine simple steps to help you relax and enjoy the holidays stress-free.
Stress occurs when we work too much, sleep too little, try to cope with difficult or troubling situations, and when we neglect to take good care of ourselves.
Share This Page
Find this information useful? Share it with others.
Resources by Category
Caregiver Support & Tips
- Medication Management: Home Care’s Assistance Reduces Hospital Readmissions
- COPD: Managing Care at Home
- Engaging Seniors Through Enriching Activities
- Supporting the Family Caregiver with Respite Care
- Care Coordination
- Maximizing Time with Doctors
- Home Care Solutions for Family Caregivers
- Including Seniors in Holiday Activities
- Caring for Parents While Caring for Children
- Stress-Free Holidays: Caring for the Caregiver
Choices & Decisions
- Options to Age at Home
- Recognizing Warning Signs over the Holidays that Care is Needed
- Warning Signs That Care at Home May Be Needed
- Benefits of Home Care
- Quality In-Home Care
- Long-term Care Planning: When is Home Care the Appropriate Choice?
Finding Answers in Home Care
- Helping Persons with ALS Live a Full Life in the Comfort of Home
- Hearing Issues and Solutions for Seniors
- Care for the Heart
- Diabetes and Home Care: A Good Fit for the Diabetic
- A Primer on Home Care
- Nutrition for Seniors
- Making the Home Safer for Aging in Place
- Osteoarthritis Care
- Exercise for Seniors
Information - Inside & Out
- Urgency for Action: Incontinence/Urinary Tract Infections
- Alzheimer’s Education as a Treatment Modality
- Understanding and Caring for Multiple Sclerosis
- Assisting the Sight Impaired
- Age Related Sleep Disorders
- Alzheimer’s Awareness
Latest Updates from Our Blog
As people age, their diets may need to change, especially if their diets are not well-balanced. Generally, doctors will… read more
With our somewhat mild winter season coming to a close, allergy season is right around the corner. As pollen… read more
When I started thinking about how to bring my mother home, a lot of the information I received cautioned me to be careful. The private pay agencies leave you hanging when the staff becomes ill and staff… read more
- Colombe and Jerome