Live Free Home Health Care, LLC. - Bristol, New Hampshire
Useful Guides & Resources
Nutrition for Seniors
Downloadable Tools and Tips:
Click the links to view or right click to print or save to your computer.
- Detailed Nutrient Needs for Older Adults
- Nutritional Screening Tool
- Tips for Eating Well for Older Adults
Click the links below to access resource Web sites to find out more about diet and nutrition for seniors.
The National Institute on Aging offers seniors advice on eating well, eating safely, shopping wisely, and other frequently asked questions regarding nutrition and diet in seniors.
This resourceful article from AARP offers dietary and nutritional advice for staying healthy while aging.
Say goodbye to frozen dinners. Thekitchn.com provides an assortment of ideas on how to plan and create healthy, delicious meals for one.
Great information from the Mayo Clinic on how to plan healthy meals for one or two, reduce wasted food and add variety to meals.
ElderOneStop offers suggestions for healthy, nutritious snacks for seniors to keep on hand whenever they get a snack craving.
Parentgiving.com provides useful information regarding preventing malnutrition in elderly loved ones.
This Web site serves as a useful guide for daily nutritional and dietary modification in the elderly, providing informative statistics and advice. Although created and maintained by the Indian government, it has much useful information for those in other countries.
An interactive MNA screening form provided by the Nestle Nutrition Institute allows users to find out if they are healthy or malnourished.
Informative article on senior nutrition offers tips and advice for maintaining a healthy diet while dealing with the challenges of aging.
Useful information from Colorado State University on changes in the aging body and the importance of staying healthy and accommodating changing nutritional needs.
Share This Page
Find this information useful? Share it with others.
Resources by Category
Caregiver Support & Tips
- Including Seniors in Holiday Activities
- The Hidden Patient: The Alzheimer’s Caregiver
- Medication Management: Home Care’s Assistance Reduces Hospital Readmissions
- COPD: Managing Care at Home
- Engaging Seniors Through Enriching Activities
- Supporting the Family Caregiver with Respite Care
- Care Coordination
- Maximizing Time with Doctors
- Living with and Caring for Cancer
- Home Care Solutions for Family Caregivers
- Caring for Parents While Caring for Children
- Stress-Free Holidays: Caring for the Caregiver
Choices & Decisions
- How to Stay Engaged and Active When Frailty Necessitates Home Care
- Options to Age at Home
- Recognizing Warning Signs over the Holidays that Care is Needed
- Warning Signs That Care at Home May Be Needed
- Benefits of Home Care
- Quality In-Home Care
- Long-term Care Planning: When is Home Care the Appropriate Choice?
Finding Answers in Home Care
- Providing Care for Parkinson’s Disease
- Professional Care at Home After a Hospitalization or Surgery
- Improve Chronic Kidney Disease Management with In-Home Care
- Helping Persons with ALS Live a Full Life in the Comfort of Home
- Hearing Issues and Solutions for Seniors
- Care for the Heart
- Diabetes and Home Care: A Good Fit for the Diabetic
- A Primer on Home Care
- Nutrition for Seniors
- Making the Home Safer for Aging in Place
- Osteoarthritis Care
- Exercise for Seniors
Information - Inside & Out
- Helping Seniors Thrive
- Urgency for Action: Incontinence/Urinary Tract Infections
- Stroke Awareness
- Alzheimer’s Education as a Treatment Modality
- Understanding and Caring for Multiple Sclerosis
- Assisting the Sight Impaired
- Age Related Sleep Disorders
- Alzheimer’s Awareness
Latest Updates from Our Blog
Home care sounds simple; when an older person needs assistance, someone will come to his home and care for him,… read more
Home is a calming place, a place of comfort; that’s why, as people age, remaining at home becomes very important.… read more
As a retired EMT, I am pleased to tell you that I was a patient of Live Free Home Health Care and Infusion Solutions in Central New Hampshire. I found the staff very informative in training the patient… read more
- D. F., Warren, NH