Live Free Home Health Care, LLC. - Bristol, New Hampshire
Useful Guides & Resources
Exercise for Seniors
Downloadable Tools and Tips:
Click the links to view or right click to print or save to your computer.
Click the links below to access resource Web sites to find out more about exercise for seniors.
Everydaychoices.org offers practical advice for combating inactivity and securing one’s wellbeing through increased physical activity.
eHow teaches senior health and fitness exercises for stability, mobility, flexibility, and strength for legs, arms and abs in this free online video series.
An assortment of articles available on SeniorJournal.com offers tips and useful advice to help encourage seniors to improve overall physical fitness, and do it safely.
The National Institute on Aging offers this downloadable book aimed at getting seniors up and moving more so they can enjoy the benefits of an active lifestyle.
The NIH SeniorHealth Web site provides an informative guide to assist seniors with starting any sort of physical activity program, complete with safety tips, FAQs, exercise stories, videos and more.
The American Senior Fitness Association provides selected short articles containing important fitness and health information for seniors who are beginning or expanding an exercise program.
This site contains information on the benefits of exercise.
This site contains information about the importance of physical activity for older adults and those with disabilities.
Information on getting started with an exercise program, tips on how to safely exercise, and types of exercises appropriate for the elderly population.
Share This Page
Find this information useful? Share it with others.
Resources by Category
Caregiver Support & Tips
- The Hidden Patient: The Alzheimer’s Caregiver
- Medication Management: Home Care’s Assistance Reduces Hospital Readmissions
- COPD: Managing Care at Home
- Engaging Seniors Through Enriching Activities
- Supporting the Family Caregiver with Respite Care
- Care Coordination
- Maximizing Time with Doctors
- Living with and Caring for Cancer
- Home Care Solutions for Family Caregivers
- Including Seniors in Holiday Activities
- Caring for Parents While Caring for Children
- Stress-Free Holidays: Caring for the Caregiver
Choices & Decisions
- How to Stay Engaged and Active When Frailty Necessitates Home Care
- Options to Age at Home
- Recognizing Warning Signs over the Holidays that Care is Needed
- Warning Signs That Care at Home May Be Needed
- Benefits of Home Care
- Quality In-Home Care
- Long-term Care Planning: When is Home Care the Appropriate Choice?
Finding Answers in Home Care
- Providing Care for Parkinson’s Disease
- Professional Care at Home After a Hospitalization or Surgery
- Improve Chronic Kidney Disease Management with In-Home Care
- Helping Persons with ALS Live a Full Life in the Comfort of Home
- Hearing Issues and Solutions for Seniors
- Care for the Heart
- Diabetes and Home Care: A Good Fit for the Diabetic
- A Primer on Home Care
- Nutrition for Seniors
- Making the Home Safer for Aging in Place
- Osteoarthritis Care
- Exercise for Seniors
Information - Inside & Out
- Helping Seniors Thrive
- Urgency for Action: Incontinence/Urinary Tract Infections
- Stroke Awareness
- Alzheimer’s Education as a Treatment Modality
- Understanding and Caring for Multiple Sclerosis
- Assisting the Sight Impaired
- Age Related Sleep Disorders
- Alzheimer’s Awareness
Latest Updates from Our Blog
Doctors’ orders are meant to be followed, and most of us trust that… read more
A stroke is a frightening and potentially deadly occurrence in which time… read more
Loving and caring for an elderly relative who is far away is heart wrenching and nerve racking. Thus, when you can find non-related, skilled people who show the compassion and caring that you, yourself… read more