Live Free Home Health Care, LLC. - Bristol, New Hampshire
Useful Guides & Resources
Assisting the Sight Impaired
Downloadable Tools and Tips:
Click the links to view or right click to print or save to your computer.
- Lighting Considerations for Persons with Low Vision
- Assistive Products for Those with Vision Impairment
Click the links below to access resource Web sites to find out more about assisting the sight impaired.
An informative article from All About Vision provides useful information and advice for dealing with age-related vision loss.
Useful article provided by Caring.com offers advice on how to help older adults identify aids and tools for dealing with low vision on a daily basis.
Lighthouse International’s VisionConnection provides information and the option to view comparative simulations of some of the most common vision conditions.
The National Eye Institute offers a wealth of information to help patients and their families learn about age-related macular degeneration.
This comprehensive overview of the symptoms, causes and treatments of cataracts is available courtesy of the Mayo Clinic.
The American Optometric Association outlines detailed information about the causes, diagnosis, and treatment of diabetic retinopathy.
VisionAware.org is a self-help resource center for vision loss Web site that provides free, practical, hands-on information to enhance quality of life and independence for adults with vision loss, their families and friends, caregivers and related professionals.
Share This Page
Find this information useful? Share it with others.
Resources by Category
Caregiver Support & Tips
- Including Seniors in Holiday Activities
- The Hidden Patient: The Alzheimer’s Caregiver
- Medication Management: Home Care’s Assistance Reduces Hospital Readmissions
- COPD: Managing Care at Home
- Engaging Seniors Through Enriching Activities
- Supporting the Family Caregiver with Respite Care
- Care Coordination
- Maximizing Time with Doctors
- Living with and Caring for Cancer
- Home Care Solutions for Family Caregivers
- Caring for Parents While Caring for Children
- Stress-Free Holidays: Caring for the Caregiver
Choices & Decisions
- How to Stay Engaged and Active When Frailty Necessitates Home Care
- Options to Age at Home
- Recognizing Warning Signs over the Holidays that Care is Needed
- Warning Signs That Care at Home May Be Needed
- Benefits of Home Care
- Quality In-Home Care
- Long-term Care Planning: When is Home Care the Appropriate Choice?
Finding Answers in Home Care
- Care for the Heart
- Providing Care for Parkinson’s Disease
- Professional Care at Home After a Hospitalization or Surgery
- Improve Chronic Kidney Disease Management with In-Home Care
- Helping Persons with ALS Live a Full Life in the Comfort of Home
- Hearing Issues and Solutions for Seniors
- Diabetes and Home Care: A Good Fit for the Diabetic
- A Primer on Home Care
- Nutrition for Seniors
- Making the Home Safer for Aging in Place
- Osteoarthritis Care
- Exercise for Seniors
Information - Inside & Out
- Diabetes: Glucose Level Warning Signs
- Understanding and Caring for Multiple Sclerosis
- Helping Seniors Thrive
- Urgency for Action: Incontinence/Urinary Tract Infections
- Stroke Awareness
- Alzheimer’s Education as a Treatment Modality
- Assisting the Sight Impaired
- Age Related Sleep Disorders
- Alzheimer’s Awareness
Latest Updates from Our Blog
While you may have heard frightening statistics linking diabetes with blindness,… read more
For those with diabetes, proper foot care is crucial. Even minor… read more
When I started thinking about how to bring my mother home, a lot of the information I received cautioned me to be careful. The private pay agencies leave you hanging when the staff becomes ill and staff… read more
- Colombe and Jerome