Live Free Home Health Care, LLC. - Bristol, New Hampshire
Useful Guides & Resources
Assisting the Sight Impaired
Downloadable Tools and Tips:
Click the links to view or right click to print or save to your computer.
- Lighting Considerations for Persons with Low Vision
- Assistive Products for Those with Vision Impairment
Click the links below to access resource Web sites to find out more about assisting the sight impaired.
An informative article from All About Vision provides useful information and advice for dealing with age-related vision loss.
Useful article provided by Caring.com offers advice on how to help older adults identify aids and tools for dealing with low vision on a daily basis.
Lighthouse International’s VisionConnection provides information and the option to view comparative simulations of some of the most common vision conditions.
The National Eye Institute offers a wealth of information to help patients and their families learn about age-related macular degeneration.
This comprehensive overview of the symptoms, causes and treatments of cataracts is available courtesy of the Mayo Clinic.
The American Optometric Association outlines detailed information about the causes, diagnosis, and treatment of diabetic retinopathy.
Downloadable form offers 10 helpful tips for those who care for people with low vision, courtesy of the owner of Magnifiers and More.
VisionAware.org is a self-help resource center for vision loss Web site that provides free, practical, hands-on information to enhance quality of life and independence for adults with vision loss, their families and friends, caregivers and related professionals.
Share This Page
Find this information useful? Share it with others.
Resources by Category
Caregiver Support & Tips
- Medication Management: Home Care’s Assistance Reduces Hospital Readmissions
- COPD: Managing Care at Home
- Engaging Seniors Through Enriching Activities
- Supporting the Family Caregiver with Respite Care
- Care Coordination
- Maximizing Time with Doctors
- Home Care Solutions for Family Caregivers
- Including Seniors in Holiday Activities
- Caring for Parents While Caring for Children
- Stress-Free Holidays: Caring for the Caregiver
Choices & Decisions
- Options to Age at Home
- Recognizing Warning Signs over the Holidays that Care is Needed
- Warning Signs That Care at Home May Be Needed
- Benefits of Home Care
- Quality In-Home Care
- Long-term Care Planning: When is Home Care the Appropriate Choice?
Finding Answers in Home Care
- Helping Persons with ALS Live a Full Life in the Comfort of Home
- Hearing Issues and Solutions for Seniors
- Care for the Heart
- Diabetes and Home Care: A Good Fit for the Diabetic
- A Primer on Home Care
- Nutrition for Seniors
- Making the Home Safer for Aging in Place
- Osteoarthritis Care
- Exercise for Seniors
Information - Inside & Out
- Urgency for Action: Incontinence/Urinary Tract Infections
- Alzheimer’s Education as a Treatment Modality
- Understanding and Caring for Multiple Sclerosis
- Assisting the Sight Impaired
- Age Related Sleep Disorders
- Alzheimer’s Awareness
Latest Updates from Our Blog
As people age, their diets may need to change, especially if their diets are not well-balanced. Generally, doctors will… read more
With our somewhat mild winter season coming to a close, allergy season is right around the corner. As pollen… read more
I wanted to thank you for the time you spent with me, my mom, and my sister. You were very helpful and informative and your caring nature really shined through. We interviewed two agencies other than… read more