Live Free Home Health Care, LLC. - Bristol, New Hampshire
Useful Guides & Resources
Age Related Sleep Disorders
Downloadable Tools and Tips:
Click the links to view or right click to print or save to your computer.
Click the links below to access resource Web sites to find out more about age related sleep disorders.
Article on WebMD.com examines and expands on the myth that seniors need more sleep in their later years than they did earlier in life.
Article on Sleep-Deprivation.com outlines the challenges faced by more than 50 percent of men and women over the age of 65 on a nightly basis.
FamilyDoctor.org explains symptoms, causes and possible treatment options for restless legs syndrome in senior citizens.
The MayoClinic.com offers some helpful advice for dealing with dementia patients who experience symptoms of “sundowning,” a state of confusion at the end of the day and into the night.
FamilyEducation.com provides useful tips and outlines safety risks for handling nighttime wandering in seniors.
Article details the causes of insomnia in caregivers and offers suggestions for treatment, courtesy of Strengthforcaring.com.
The National Sleep Foundations offers insight on the effects of Alzheimer’s disease on the body’s natural sleep cycle.
Article on HelpGuide.org helps explain the causes of sleep problems in seniors as well as provides tips to correct poor sleep habits.
The Senior Health Center at Caring.com educates on common sleep problems and how to counteract sleep deprivation and insomnia.
If learning about CPAP therapy is of interest, this site has reviews and explanations, and offers comparisons since CPAP machines are subject to many personal preferences and proclivities.
Share This Page
Find this information useful? Share it with others.
Resources by Category
Caregiver Support & Tips
- The Hidden Patient: The Alzheimer’s Caregiver
- Medication Management: Home Care’s Assistance Reduces Hospital Readmissions
- COPD: Managing Care at Home
- Engaging Seniors Through Enriching Activities
- Supporting the Family Caregiver with Respite Care
- Care Coordination
- Maximizing Time with Doctors
- Home Care Solutions for Family Caregivers
- Including Seniors in Holiday Activities
- Caring for Parents While Caring for Children
- Stress-Free Holidays: Caring for the Caregiver
Choices & Decisions
- How to Stay Engaged and Active When Frailty Necessitates Home Care
- Options to Age at Home
- Recognizing Warning Signs over the Holidays that Care is Needed
- Warning Signs That Care at Home May Be Needed
- Benefits of Home Care
- Quality In-Home Care
- Long-term Care Planning: When is Home Care the Appropriate Choice?
Finding Answers in Home Care
- Providing Care for Parkinson’s Disease
- Professional Care at Home After a Hospitalization or Surgery
- Improve Chronic Kidney Disease Management with In-Home Care
- Helping Persons with ALS Live a Full Life in the Comfort of Home
- Hearing Issues and Solutions for Seniors
- Care for the Heart
- Diabetes and Home Care: A Good Fit for the Diabetic
- A Primer on Home Care
- Nutrition for Seniors
- Making the Home Safer for Aging in Place
- Osteoarthritis Care
- Exercise for Seniors
Information - Inside & Out
- Helping Seniors Thrive
- Urgency for Action: Incontinence/Urinary Tract Infections
- Alzheimer’s Education as a Treatment Modality
- Understanding and Caring for Multiple Sclerosis
- Assisting the Sight Impaired
- Age Related Sleep Disorders
- Alzheimer’s Awareness
Latest Updates from Our Blog
With such an astounding number of new Parkinson’s disease cases diagnosed each year (50,000 to 60,000 in the U.S. alone,… read more
Heart surgery is complicated and requires rest, dietary changes, and specific care in order to recover without incident. Proper care… read more
When I started thinking about how to bring my mother home, a lot of the information I received cautioned me to be careful. The private pay agencies leave you hanging when the staff becomes ill and staff… read more
- Colombe and Jerome